Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I need some advice. My mini poodle who is nine has strange bouts of diarrhea but she acts normal and plays around and it doesnt happen everytime she goes. for example, this morning her #2 was solid and normal and she hasnt eaten since her last meal (not yet her feeding time) but she had diarrhea just now. this happens maybe twice a week of just random diarrhea even though her morning session was solid and regular. usually after feeding her, her #2 returns back to a normal solid state. the vet said shes all healthy and checked bloodwork and everything and we dont change what she eats. I adopted her about 2 months ago and it has been a thing since then. should i be concerned or do any of you know what might be causing this? ive looked up generic causes but none of them seem right... please help me

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
If your Vet has run tests and blood panels and all is well, and no parasites, even though you may not be changing her food, it may not be agreeing with her. If she likes yogurt, you might give her a little, to see if that might encourage that all important bacteria bouquet to grow in her intestinal tract. That has helped Samantha when she suffers intestinal tract issues. Since you have only had her for two months, it could also be a stress issue, still adapting to a new home and new people. Takes some dogs awhile to really settle in, especially if she is nine and suddenly her whole life is changed.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Check out your yard, you know what she eats for food, but there may be plants in your yard she may be nibbling on.
Also, an important concept is that vets and test results can be wrong, don't be afraid of getting a second opinion if health issues continue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check out your yard, you know what she eats for food, but there may be plants in your yard she may be nibbling on.
Also, an important concept is that vets and test results can be wrong, don't be afraid of getting a second opinion if health issues continue.
I will be sure to scope the area. thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts