Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So I noticed this growth in between my 5-year-old mastiffs toes today. Pretty sure it wasn't there a few days ago because I clipped his toenails and I feel like I would've noticed it if it was. I have a vet appointment for next week, I'm just looking to see if anyone else has had anything like this on their dog and what it turned out to be. It's soft and fleshy and flattened.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Growth between toes and skin tag changing color??

About three months ago, we also recently noticed a growth between our dog's toes and the vet gave us antibiotics (said he really didn't know what it was - could have been caused by something wedging up between her toes and infecting it). Kota (our dog) wouldn't let us mess with her paw to check it later, but as far as we could see, the growth either got smaller and couldn't easily be seen or it went away.

Fast forward to yesterday, she was licking the same area between her toes and when we looked closer, we saw the growth again. The attached picture of her toes is enlarged and it really makes the growth a little gross to look at but when looking at it regularly, it doesn't look "gross" - it looks like a little pink bump. For size perspective, it is about the size of a small pea. We also noticed that a skin tag that she has on her neck that normally doesn't really have any color to it, has turned bright pink. We attached a picture of it also.

We're going to take her to the vet again but possibly a different vet this time.
But we were also hoping that someone on this forum has seen something similar and has some ideas. A friend showed us something similar on line, but the owner stated the growth was caused from a plant that is in the northeastern part of the states. We live in South Carolina and we don't recognize the plant ourselves and so we believe Kota hasn't been around one - (she's either in our yard or walked on a leash in our neighborhood).

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Nicole

Kota's Skin Tag on Neck_20180706.jpg

Kota's Paw_20180706.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts