Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 4 year old husky, Yukon has a strange growth on his back right paw, right between the middle and upper pads. I had not noticed it before, and he hasn't been limping or anything, and only noticed because one of the other dogs was licking it constantly. When I went to look to see why he was licking it, I saw it.

Doing some searches it looks like it could be a cyst, or some infection. Anyone else had anything experience?

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Dog has a similar looking growth on top of one toe. Vet said it was a cyst after x-ray. 50% chance to grow back if surgically removed. Mine is old, so I didn't want to put here trough the stress of surgery. Check the rest of your dog for other lumps/cysts, mine has cysts in several places now. They are all semi-hard masses. Some Vets will drain them when they are really filled hard, but risk of infections is big.
Make sure to have the Vet look at it when you do your yearly checkup/rabies/vaccinations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The vet took a look at it the other day and didn't seem that concerned with it. He thinks its just an infection and have him some antibiotics

1 - 3 of 3 Posts