Dog Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4 month old Cane Corso, she poops were normal up to 3 months old. i stupidly gave her a freeze dried turkey neck (thats what we assume started all this) and the next day her poops were runny. went to vet, was told to give steamed rice and boiled chicken as her diet. we did that for about 2 weeks with little result. he also gave us antibiotics and probiotics. Her mother has an egg and chicken allergy so when we went back to kibble we went with an all beef grain free. now her poops are coming out formed but still soft and airy kinda like foam. now the past couple days has been better, harder but still not good healthy poops. but now we are occasionally seeing a thick grey casing in her poops. maybe twice now over the past 4 days

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
My last girl had both SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth) and EPI (exocrine pancreatic insufficiency.) Her poops were the key to her health. They looked much like your pic and they smelled like rotted cheese. With the proper diagnosis and treatment, she was good. However it is a life-long condition that requires management. So, get to a good vet and bring up EPI. Some older vets are not too familiar with the condition.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My lab had this a couple times, vet gave me probiotic powder to put on her food, assume it was a gut bacterial issue or intestinal lining issue. Seemed to clear up on it's own when the issue returned months later still had powder left and used it cleared up again and never returned. Also make sure the dog is well hydrated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts