Dog Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stinky bugs are rampant right now, sucked about 20 up w the vacuum yesterday. This morning I checked her food for stinky bugs, they look a little alike, and lo and behold I found a straight pin in her food! I am a sew-er. I have no idea how it got there or was there more than one? Or two? Or more? This was the very last of her dog food, Chewy will be here sometime today, so no chance of any being undiscovered.
I thought what are the odds of stinky bugs assaulting my home as the weather gets cooler, me checking Roxi's food for the disgusting critters that were non existent 2 days ago when it was still 80 degrees, and happening to find one straight pin in her food. None of those things generally come in singles. (Bugs, food kibbles, pins).
I've checked her remaining food VERY carefully, no pins, no bugs, she's been eating it, I gave her some peanut butter and some ice cream and a lot of attention and she seems fine. For now. What should I do next? What would you do?
BTW, she is a 6 yr old Komondor, weighing in at about 90 pounds. A lot of space for a little pin to get lost in.

·
Registered
177 Posts
As a fellow sewist, that is the stuff of my nightmares. :eek:
The vet could probably do an x-ray, though I don't know how likely it is they'd find a pin, small as it is...but metal does usually show up fairly well on x-rays.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts