Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still wondering what Sarge and Meg's father could've been.

They're both 25lbs now and only 5 months old. Their mother is a purebred Australian Terrier, but their father is unknown. Sarge was the only wire haired pup and everyone else has short fur with ear tufts and somewhat fluffy tails. All tails curl - that's the part that confuses me. I would've said Aussie mix, but the curled tails gets me. Only 4 puppies were black and tan, the rest were tan with black masks.

Meg is receding tan and Sarge is black and tan - no receding. What do you guys think? Something has to account for the silky fur, floppy ears (definitely not A. Terrier ears), curly tails, and the big dog genetics.

Common dogs in the area (we live in a cow town) are Curs, Pit Bulls, Labs, Beagles, Coonhounds, Mastiffs, and Aussies. There are a lot of stray or loose dogs, but I've never seen one that had long nor medium length fur.

Sorry for the blurry picture, but here's Meg.

And here's Sarge (no recent pics as I'm currently in Indiana with Max - Sarge is supposedly almost half the size of Toshi height wise).

For anyone who doesn't know, this is what Toshi looks like (he's 70lbs, fwiw) - I've marked an approximate height for how tall Sarge is by using Meg's picture. xD It looks terrible, I know, but it's just an approximate height.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I doubt they have the same father, tbh. Dogs can get pregnant by multiple fathers. Meg looks like a hound mix (maybe beagle or beagle x other hound), but Sarge ... that's a wire-haired dog of some sort.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I agree this is likely a two-daddy litter. Meg does look like she could be part Aussie and hound, but Sarge looks like he's part Schnauzer or other Terrier. The tail on Meg could be a more dramatic version of a natural Schnauzer tail, which is sickle shaped. Other than that Meg might have some sort of spaniel. She definitely takes after Mom.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Actually, Sarge takes after mom more than what Meg does. Mom is wire haired. I can see it being a two-dad litter, though. I actually found out that I was wrong on the attempt to show how big Sarge is. My fiance (who is with him, but cannot get a picture) says that Sarge is taller and longer than what I showed with Meg being next to Toshi. So, Sarge is almost the full length of Toshi, but he's taller (more like his head is by Toshi's withers) and he's very leggy.

Here's mom and her litter. Sorry the litter picture is so tiny. I can't make it any larger when I attach it from my phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Sorry I misread that and thought Toshi was the mother! The mom looks like a Yorkie mix.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry I misread that and thought Toshi was the mother! The mom looks like a Yorkie mix.
Lol that would be scary! Mother is claimed to be a purebred Australian Terrier, but I don't really believe it. People in this town can say a dog is a purebred cur, but they don't understand that curs are just mixed breeds in general. :eyeroll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.