Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my I told myself that if my Boston still was not 100% potty trained by 6 months I would start to worry/change my methods and here we are.

She seems to know she's supposed to go outside- if we let her in the yard she will always go (even if its just a tiny tinkle) and she'll usually go on walks as well. She also does usually tell us she needs to go out, usually by licking us/jumping on our laps, and if I ask "you gotta go out" she gets all wiggly if the answer is yes and just wanders away if no.

The problem is about 10% of the time she'll just pee- sometimes she goes it squatting while she runs (seems to be an excitement thing) and sometimes she just squats and pees without warning for no reason.

She's no longer crated and sleeps in bed with me- she hasn't been crated for a long time and doesn't have any accidents in bed even if she wakes up having to pee really badly, so I know she can hold it. When she was crated she would often pee or poop in the crate- it seems while she was at her breeders she learned to potty where you sleep (my impression is the breeder left her in too large a crate for too many hours of the day and eventually she got desensitized to going in it).

She also has an extreme fondness for peeing on the couches.

We always use a spray to clean her pee as well as wiping it up.

All I can think of to help is to tether her to me? Help?

·
Premium Member
8,034 Posts
I would start from scratch. Somewhere along the way, she got confused. I would start over with the crate and absolutely tether when she's out. I credit tethering to getting my girl housebroken so quickly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts