Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it happens every few days. Today I walked her outside in the morning at 7 am, she pooped, I fed her and then she pooped again in the house like an hour later. Why would she do this? Why isn't she completely emptying her bowels?

Should I wake up, feed her, give her water and then walk her? Would that help her completely empty her bowels?

Another weird thing is she never wants treats after she poops outside. I try to give it to her and I almost have to force it. She never wants to take the treat. Usually she loves the same treats with anything else (She wants it after every time she pees)

Any ideas? Also weird is she never ever ever pees in the house. She can hold it for like 10 hours. Do you guys think because she's pooped in certain places in the house, she now smells it and wants to refresh it? how can I completely destroy the smell of her poop in that area? She's pooped in all carpet areas

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi.

How old is she?

You need a special house training solution to clean the carpets and break down the enzymes, as that's what's telling her to poop in the house. I seem to recall biological washing powder and warm water can do the same thing, too, but don't quote me.

In addition to that, you'll need to take her out even more regularly - if she's going in the house an hour after going outside, take her back outside 55mins after her first toilet break. And use higher value rewards - rewards that she only gets when pooping outside. If treats don't work, try a favourite toy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts