Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Any advice or ideas would be much appreciated 馃槥馃槉
My 4 year old staff has developed a limp on his back (right) let, it first looked like it was his hip.
It's so bad he is walking / dragging his paw around and but tries to not put his leg to the floor although he can bare weight when he wants to for example when he climbs the stairs or wants to get on the couch but he is doesn't seem to be using it much for these things. He drags it along.
He doesn't "seem" to be in pain and his appetite is normal. I have taken him to the vet they sedated him, did blood tests and have had a X-ray but now they want a MRI as they can't seem to see what is wrong or have no other options. The MRI is going to be $1500 after spending $1200 at the vet and was told they don't know what to do because he isn't showing any pain.

Super Moderator
I'd say if he is not putting weight on it and dragging it, there must be pain somewhere. Could it be his back rather than his leg?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I'd say if he is not putting weight on it and dragging it, there must be pain somewhere. Could it be his back rather than his leg?
They said he could of torn ligaments in his lower back but then had the xrays and said nothing they could not see anything. 馃槥

Registered
At this stage he is slowly getting a bit better with the medication they put him on but I will definitely bring this up with the vet and see what they think. Thank you so much
I am not a vet, and have no idea what meds your vet put him on, but if they are pain meds; they only help mask the pain, so I would ask as many questions as possible. Dogs are masters at hiding their pain. Good luck and best wishes for both of you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts