Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We don't have our puppy yet (in fact she won't be coming home until the end of April) but we've already started preparing and buying all of the necessities - including toys! I want to include a soft cuddly toy for our puppy to have while she is in her crate and I found an adorable red dragon. I didn't even realize that it had a squeaker in it until after I purchased it and brought it up (that squeaker was hidden!) My concern is if she starts chewing it at night time that squeaker is going to be noisy -_- Is there any way to "inactivate" the squeaker (other than performing surgery and removing it)? What is your dog's favorite toy for crate time?

·
Registered
23 Posts
You probably can't make it not squeak but I will say, as far as squeak toys go, my dogs are OBSESSED with the Kong toys that have the squeakers with the on/off switch. I let them squeak it for a while and then when it's time to go to bed I take it away from them turn the squeaker off, put them in their kennels and give it back. They wear themselves out trying to figure out how to make it squeak again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You probably can't make it not squeak but I will say, as far as squeak toys go, my dogs are OBSESSED with the Kong toys that have the squeakers with the on/off switch. I let them squeak it for a while and then when it's time to go to bed I take it away from them turn the squeaker off, put them in their kennels and give it back. They wear themselves out trying to figure out how to make it squeak again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've never even heard of such a thing! Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Not all dogs are good with toys in crates. And until you know if your pup is a chewer I wouldn't leave any stuffed toys with her unattended. You puppy could tear the toy apart and swallow the stuffing. Worst case is choking or needing surgery to remove the blockage.

Reactions: traciek88
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.