Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are planning a trip in March to take our two dogs to some sort of dog-friendly resort. However, there seems to be very little out there of this sort of thing. We find tons of hotels all over the place that are dog friendly, but not much that caters to dogs. We are looking for dog-centric activities, a dog park onsite, maybe a pond for them to swim, trails to hike and possibly some agility stuff to really wear the boys out! Is there much out there that would be located in the Midwest (southern portion due to likely cold weather and snow in March) or maybe the northern-most states in the southern U.S.? We did find one place near Asheville, NC but would like to see if there is anything else out there. Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts

·
Banned
275 Posts
I've been kind of looking into this type of thing too lately. I'm going to Disney this spring sans dogs, but one thing I've learned is that all Loews hotels and resorts are pet friendly and offer things like a welcome basket for the pet, a gourmet pet menu for mealtimes, and even pet sitting and walking services. They say they can point you to pet-friendly restaurants and hiking trails, etc.
What's really interesting is they say every one of their properties is pet friendly, and this includes like 4 or 5 resorts at Universal Orlando. That's kind of cool, except that I'm pretty sure dogs can't go in the parks (or on the rides, LOL!), so they'd be spending a lot of time alone in the room.
Disney has a pet resort on property where you can board your pets while you're there and visit them daily. The highest price accommodations are pretty posh! There is also the Fort Wilderness campsites on Disney property where you can request a pet-friendly loop (RVs only, no pets in tents, pop-ups or any vehicle without AC). They have lots of walking trails and an off-leash dog park at the campground.

I swear when I retire I'm selling everything, buying a small RV, and hitting the road with a dog as my companion. We'll see the country. :)

·
Banned
275 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.