Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost a year ago, I had the priviledge of promoting an animal shelter called Friends 4 Life, a no kill shelter.

I made a music video saterizing the compulsion to watch videos of cute puppies or cats but refusing to actually do something about those animals in need. There are plenty of pets in dire need of love and a companion at a shelter. I think it's important we remember that before we attempt to buy from pet stores(not to condone it). I just feel that these animals have been through so much and deserve a break.

Hope you guys enjoy the video

·
Registered
271 Posts
It is so awesome what you are doing!!! I volunteer almost every day at our local shelter and I know just how it is. So many dogs come in not neutered/spayed, so many young and old dogs abandon or homeless, and it isn't always the fault of a human, but people can do something to fix it. They can adopt or donate or volunteer or foster or spread-the-word.

Thanks for sharing!!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
but refusing to actually do something about those animals in need.
It may be that people need guidance instead of being mocked. We are surrounded, claims of an improving economy notwithstanding, by many competing requests for donations of both time and funds for children, the ill, the old, for dogs, for the environment.

All these requests for money may go to persons or families that may want to help but are having difficulties making ends meet themselves.
In addition, it is not easy in some places to volunteer- the increasing litigation in our society means the people wanting to volunteer in shelters need to be vetted as much as the dogs do, to assure their intentions are wholesome.

And we are faced with news stories of charities that actually are scams, who take money for themselves instead of seeing to it that donations reach those in need.
I know that many here give of their time and money despite all these challenges.

But I think rather than shaming those who might be having a more difficult time helping, taking time to make helping easier might be worthwhile. Taking time to show people that their hard earned dollars are not being scammed away but used for dog food and vet care. Taking time to offer a ride to a busy student who might want to help but doesn't have a car. Offering to pick up items from people for a garage sale to help dogs.

Use kindness, and a personal touch, just like you would for your dogs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts