Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I cannot see my dog's vet until next Tuesday, that is 8 days if your reading this today. About two weeks ago I was in the back room with Ruby, she started going at a spot on her tail, I gave her a light tap and told her to stop. When she did stop I noticed a red, raw spot with a bit of missing fur. I told her bad dog and took a q-tip and peroxide and dabbed it a few times.

Two days ago I inspected her tail again and there is still missing fur, and now the skin in that spot seems hard and dark, maybe black. So my first thought was maybe it is a scab.

So I check again today and the spot looks unchanged. Now I notice a spot on her one cheek. This spot is roughly where a whisker is. She is roughly 2 1/2 years old. We got her from someone being evicted and they didn't have much information other than she needed a home and she was tiny.

I have a vet checkup scheduled for next Tuesday, and she is due for a Frontline dosage. I ordered it last week but the holiday delayed the shipping.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My first thoughts on the tail was that she had an itch, chewed it raw. Then she developed a scab and now it is healing. But it just seems to take too long. So then I began google research and was led to think Alopecia X.

Could this be the result of fleas? She don't seem to itch very often.

The new spot on her face I just noticed last night. It almost looks like maybe she was stung by a bee, but she doesn't seem to mind when I touch it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts