Dog Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine will neuter his dog in one of this mobile clinics, they are vans where they neuter/spay dogs. Im waiting to see her experience so I can neuter my dog as well. Does anyone has experience with this? or please suggest low cost place to neuter dogs?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I don't have direct experience, but I come from a very rural area where the vans were basically the only way to get it done without a hour drive. And who wants to drive an hour with a half-sedated dog in pain? They vary from van to van as they are all run by different vets, but I've never heard a bad thing about them overall.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I haven't had experience with it myself, but it would be a good idea to look up reviews on the particular mobile unit if possible.

On the other hand, out of experience I would not recommend going to free spay/neuter events. One of our previous landlords and housemates brought our cat with her kittens to a free speuter event. The kittens were fine, but they botched something up with our cat and he hemorrhaged all over his crate. He ended up developing a huge hematoma at the surgical site. Nobody was thrilled about the cone of shame, the hot compresses, or the medication...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts