Dog Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bella is 13 weeks old she will be spayed in a few months she freaks out when I leave the room I'm worried about her being stressed out leaving her at the vet since she will be caged a while before they spay her. What is something I can do to get rid of her separation. Anxiety

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Good for you for recognizing that you need to do something early so she can have a more relaxed vet visit. :)

Have you tried any crate training?

·
Registered
614 Posts
As someone who works at the vet I can tell you 99% of dogs are absolutely fine once the owners leave , sure they cry for a little while the moment the owner leaves but they usually calm down after a short period of time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I worried about that too. But she'll get to the vet, be put out, have the surgery, be put in a kennel, still be slightly on drugs, and then be on pain drugs. And typically you pick them up right away in the morning.

She'll be happy on surgery drugs so I think she'll be just fine! She'll also be exhausted and just want to sleep. Don't worry too much, it'll go well!

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will pick her up same day the vets here let them go home just a few hours after surgery. She is going to get spayed at a local dog rescue

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.