Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Does this look normal? It’s the 5th day so far. I thought the wounds would look better than this. The green line I know it’s a tattoo, but the red patch beside the cut I’m not sure if that’s supposed to be there.

Please help me take a look at this, thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I think your concerns could best be dealt with by your Vet. Make an appointment for a recheck with your Vet.

·
Registered
442 Posts
That incision looks a little red and angry- worth having your vet look at it again, especially since most will not charge or charge minimally following surgery (that they've done). Could be the beginning of an infection, so best to have a vet check it. The blotches near the incision look like bruises, which could be concerning (though I've also seen bruises in similar location due to the towel clamps used to hold the drape), as a bruise is the result of bleeding under the skin- need a vet to know what they're from and if any treatment is needed. Even if she was spayed by a shelter or low cost clinic, they may either provide follow up care, or have a vet they refer to who charges a lower follow up fee. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I've never seen anything like that after a spay. All the bruising around it....I would go straight back to the vet and let them take a look at it. They usually tell you if something doesn't look right and you are concerned, to bring them back immediately.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts