Dog Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I discovered today a weird black pimple on my dog on his neck going out of him about 2-3mm long. At the base there looks to be red so I suppose it's blood. I would like to know what it is and if it's bad before I go to the vet.

Also, he have a white sort of pinple on his back for about 4-5month that I can remember. I would also like to get some information on this.

:(

pictures will be attached.

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
562 Posts
How old is your dog and what breed of dog is he? Is he showing any kind of behavioral changes or signs of distress? The white mark could be a simple age spot; my 15 year old mix has several now at her age. The black one could possibly be some kind of blister or bug bite.

These are only guesses. If you want a firm conclusion, and especially if your dog is showing signs of distress, you should make an appointment with your vet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No he does not show any changes in behaviour. He is 3 years old and is a small bichon (stay small).

I dont think that it's a sign of age. It goes out, like a bumb. Maybe a cyst?

Yes I will have to bring him to a vet.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Yes, that's something I had forgotten to consider, but I don't know how much bichon's are susceptible to ingrown hairs. My oldest also gets those from time to time, and it's best to have a vet take care of them.

All the best to you and your puppy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.