Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frankly, I'm not sure how she got it or what time exactly it happened, but Sushi got a little sore on the side of her nose. It's not terribly wet or oozing, but I was alarmed by the redness and location of it since she can easily lick it and irritate it more. When I touched around the area, she pulled back like it was uncomfortable but didn't whine or cry out, so I'm not terribly worried that it is a serious issue.

I was sort of looking for advice on products that can help keep it from getting infected or how I should handle it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm not real sure what to tell you about it, honestly I would give the vet a call tomorrow.

Either way, I hope she heals up soon!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay. Thank you for your input.

It wasn't there this afternoon when I came home for my lunch break so I had no idea it could be so serious. I will call my vet tomorrow.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It makes me wonder if it isn't some sort of bug bite or sting since it got that big so fast. Hopefully it's not serious. Let us know what you find out!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, my grandmother and I were just discussing the possibility of it being a sting or a bite since it did seemingly come out of nowhere.

I'm just thankful that she's not acting very sick (ie still playful, no vomiting, no lethargy) or I would REALLY be worried.

But, yes, I will let you know.

·
Registered
75 Posts
If it went away I wouldn't be as concerned since anything serious wouldn't just disappear. I'd see your vet if you are concerned but I think you and your grandmother are right. Glad that she's doing better!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for the late reply but I just got home from work.

Took her to the vet. The vet reassured me that it was just a hotspot from her licking a scratch. He gave me a few ideas of things I could put on it and told me to come bak if it got worse.

I used some bactine on it this morning and during my break and it already looks much better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts