Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't expecting to fall in love...it just happened. That's pretty common when it comes to puppies, right? :D

My cousin is a foster mom for our local shelter and she is currently caring for a litter of pups who were brought in by a family member of the actual owner. Apparently the pups, mama and dad were being abused, living in their own urine/feces in a very tiny cage all day long. Little did I know that I would end up filling out an application to adopt a little girl.

The shelter called today, I got approved! I am so excited, but so nervous at the same time. I get to bring little no name home the day before Halloween! She is a "Schweenie" A Dachshund/Shih Tzu mix. I'd love to name her something Halloween/Fall themed. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
734 Posts
I wasn't expecting to fall in love...it just happened. That's pretty common when it comes to puppies, right? :D

My cousin is a foster mom for our local shelter and she is currently caring for a litter of pups who were brought in by a family member of the actual owner. Apparently the pups, mama and dad were being abused, living in their own urine/feces in a very tiny cage all day long. Little did I know that I would end up filling out an application to adopt a little girl.

The shelter called today, I got approved! I am so excited, but so nervous at the same time. I get to bring little no name home the day before Halloween! She is a "Schweenie" A Dachshund/Shih Tzu mix. I'd love to name her something Halloween/Fall themed. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Congrats on your new addition .. I am sure she is adorable . For names I have two ideas .. Persephone or Luna ..
Also , your Teddy is a doll . I also have a Yorkie . He is a Chocolate boy named Oscar ..

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on your new addition .. I am sure she is adorable . For names I have two ideas .. Persephone or Luna ..
Also , your Teddy is a doll . I also have a Yorkie . He is a Chocolate boy named Oscar ..
Thank you! Aren't Yorkies just the best? :p I do believe I've seen pictures of Oscar on another forum! He's such a handsome boy. I love the name Persephone! Totally adding that to my list as everything I like, my husband disagrees with. Men lol

·
Registered
734 Posts
Thank you! Aren't Yorkies just the best? :p I do believe I've seen pictures of Oscar on another forum! He's such a handsome boy. I love the name Persephone! Totally adding that to my list as everything I like, my husband disagrees with. Men lol

Thank you .. Yeah , you've probably seen Oscar on YorkieTalk.com

·
Registered
871 Posts
Totally adding that to my list as everything I like, my husband disagrees with. Men lol
My boyfriend and I can not agree on ANY names. I dislike all of his ideas and he hates mine. Haha. He wants very geeky reference names and I want something unique, but sounds good off the tongue. For our female pup I wanted Aella (eye-la) but he refused until he figured out there is a Star Wars character named Aayla and said as long as we spelled it like that. So good luck with agreeing! Haha We probably rejected 50+ names between the two of us.

But congrats on the puppy! Please take lots of pictures so you can share!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My boyfriend and I can not agree on ANY names. I dislike all of his ideas and he hates mine. Haha. He wants very geeky reference names and I want something unique, but sounds good off the tongue. For our female pup I wanted Aella (eye-la) but he refused until he figured out there is a Star Wars character named Aayla and said as long as we spelled it like that. So good luck with agreeing! Haha We probably rejected 50+ names between the two of us.

But congrats on the puppy! Please take lots of pictures so you can share!
Thank you! I love how unique the name for your girl is! Last night at I'm not sure, 1am lol I was just throwing out names and he was throwing out his own weird names and nothing he said stood out to me haha. I'm hoping with any luck the right name will pop out! I will definitely share lots of pictures, can't wait!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts