Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 9 yr old Yorkie will sometimes be playing and she'll freeze with her mouth open and act like it hurts. Then, she'll refuse to play and will lick her legs.

She does have arthritis in her one hip and her front leg. Could this have something to do with it or is it something more serious?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Thats good, yeah mine is on devils claw root liquid form 1 ml every 24 hrs. As she has only mild pain in the patellas & is a miniature. Hereditary abnormalities. Its well known to reduce pain from arthritis so I would recommend it. I mix it with melted honey cz its very bitter and measure it in a syringe. She licks it from it. Honestly it has made a huge difference my dogs way more relaxed & able to use her legs fine. They will lick where its sore. You can also do a check & press (not hard) all over & if she reacts then you can tell, if its quite a big reaction like pulling away, yelping or whipping head around to the place its also an idication. Shaking, shivering turning to shuddering also can indicate pain. But that thing she's doing stopping & opening the mouth is definately not good. It would be worth mentioning to the vet, so they can check her neck, shoulders, jaw, teeth aswell. Arthritis symptoms include stiffness in parts of the body, so things may be seizing up occasionally. I'm worried about her too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts