Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
I've actually been trying to type out a very similar post for a few weeks now (I start typing then can't find the right words and then delete it all out of frustration).

I have two dogs, Callie and Pip.
Now Callie is a border collie mix, she will be 2 in October. Before I got Pip, I was forever comparing Callie to other peoples dogs. Callie isn't a fan of other dogs (not reactive really, she will happily avoid/ignore them) and I struggled with that for a long time. It took me a very long time to accept that she isn't and probably never will be a social butterfly, it's only been in the last few months that I've accepted it and taken real pride in the times when she does get along beautifully with another dog.
Then I got Pip. She's a 4 month old JRT. Callie was a breeze when it came to basic training like putting on collars/harnesses, claw trimming and general tricks/training however Pip is the total opposite and puts up a fight every time I need to put a harness on or trim her claws. I've been working so hard on getting her ok with having a collar put on, trimming claws, recall and impulse control that I haven't even started on anything else really. On the plus side? She is total social butterfly, loves everyone!

Two dogs, total opposites!

Reactions: laceyj19
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.