Dog Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...we just bought our house this summer, met a neighbor who just moved in the month before us, a younger guy, his gf and baby. Well they went off and got a dog, I think it was a lab... This dog cannot be more than 6 months old and died last night. He said it had a large green lump on its side. Well the dog has been disposed of so I cannot call anybody about it but it makes me so angry and I had to try hard to keep a not so angry, wanna punch your lights in for being the most irresponsible thing to walk the earth (well almost) look off my face.... We are trying to keep our cool with him for numerous reasons obviously so I couldn't freak out on him. Just had to vent, my heart goes out to that poor poor dog. I now wish I had looked over that wall to check on it. :( I just want to cry

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
So...we just bought our house this summer, met a neighbor who just moved in the month before us, a younger guy, his gf and baby. Well they went off and got a dog, I think it was a lab... This dog cannot be more than 6 months old and died last night. He said it had a large green lump on its side. Well the dog has been disposed of so I cannot call anybody about it but it makes me so angry and I had to try hard to keep a not so angry, wanna punch your lights in for being the most irresponsible thing to walk the earth (well almost) look off my face.... We are trying to keep our cool with him for numerous reasons obviously so I couldn't freak out on him. Just had to vent, my heart goes out to that poor poor dog. I now wish I had looked over that wall to check on it. :( I just want to cry
oh pawz...that makes me wanna cry too!....people just suck sometimes! it is so sad that animals get treated the way they do:(:(:(even if you had looked over at the dog...there usually isn't much you can do a lot of the time...sucks! and how were you to know that this guy is an idiot with his dog? poor thing, it hurts my heart so much...just give all your guys a big smooch and love them that much harder...you'll feel a bit better!

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
I bet you ten bucks they go out and get another dog.

Sounds like an abcess or som'thing?

I know how it is...to have to smile and nod since you live next to him...very frustrating...

As soon as the housing market rebounds we are doing just that...moving to the middle of nowhere. I just found out today both my new and old fence have been tagged on. Iam so over this state.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
That stinks :( I agree wtih Crio-they probably will get another dog-however they probably didn't take this one to the vet because it's expenisve...

Vent anytime you want :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Uh, what an asshole!
I live in the middle of no where but I still have neighbours scattered around and most of them are awful dog owners, I can think of a couple of houses all within about a 20 minute walk from me that have dogs and out of about 17 dogs (including mine) only about four of them are spayed and neuteured, they prefer to throw rocks at dogs that come around when their bitch is in heat then ''waste'' money on getting them spayed :(

The country people here have no compassion for animals at all, one old lady even drowns kittens even though I've said I will take them anytime if she just calls me. While I'm on the subject of cats, no one fixes their cats ever! All my cats are fixed and so are one family's cat (we actually gave them her after finding her on the road). So we have a big population of feral black and white cats, I can even trace back to the house that started the problem!

The people who have their animals spayed and neuteured are all people who moved from the town to the countryside! For some reason farmers and people who always lived in the countryside won't spend their money looking after their pets properly at all!

Sorry I kind of went on a rant there

·
Registered
11,148 Posts
Unfortunately, the world is filled with people like that. They don't look at a pet as a responsibility. They just see the puppy, kitten, etc. as a cute fuzzy thing that makes them feel good. When the responsibility part rolls around the poor animal is left to suffer.

I would love to take everyone of them out to the shed and teach them what those animals are going through but I rely on one quote to calm me down before I do something stupid.

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned"...Buddha.

Now...If I can get the animals out of the situation they are in, I do so.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Oh Pawz, that's terrible. I know what you mean, I have some neighbors that do some of the same things and it really sucks when you're hands are pretty much tied about helping them. And to think if they would've just taken that poor pup to the vet they could've saved it's life.

My dogs are my babies so I can never understand how some people could be so cruel and irresponsible when they get a pet. I would love to live in the middle of no where but the truth is although your neighbors are farther away they way they keep their animals will be the same or worse in some parts.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys for all your words! Its just hard for me...I ALWAYS think..."well did he suffer of pain?" "poor little 6 month old puppy may have had a seizure and died?"

The owner said he NEVER noticed the lump..I am a bit curious as to whether it could be a bug bite...like a black widow bite gone bad or even a recluse. Either way they could have noticed it before it killed the dog I am sure. Time to do some research on green lumps and bug bites in AZ.

He wont be getting another dog, he wound up kicking out his gf a month or so ago, I got to hear the story of what went wrong.... He did admit to fault a bit, and admitted he has no time for a pet by himself.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well at least he realizes he is not in a place in his life to get a dog so you don't have to worry about a replacement dog sitting in the backyard.

You know what would be great if all of us dog lovers from the forum could just buy our own town to move to. Then we wouldn't have to worry about our neighbors because their dogs would be just as great and spoiled as ours.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats a great idea! lol

Yea if I ever see a dog in that yard I will be checking on it daily. I felt like I was stuck in a horrible episode of animal cops. I will NOT allow that again.

·
Registered
11,148 Posts
You know what would be great if all of us dog lovers from the forum could just buy our own town to move to. Then we wouldn't have to worry about our neighbors because their dogs would be just as great and spoiled as ours.
Great idea, but someone would end up killing me. I am annoying as heck, lol.

I am really Glad to hear the guy realizes he can't handle a dog right now.

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
they bought a LAB puppy and had no time for it?

I wonder what on earth people are thinking when they purchase these dogs. Heck I don't have time for a lab puppy.

Great idea, but someone would end up killing me. I am annoying as heck, lol.

I am really Glad to hear the guy realizes he can't handle a dog right now.

Iam sure we all have our moments. ;)

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The minute we met them and they said they were going to get a puppy I KNEW this was going to be an outdoor dog.

Lets just say...I live in a rural area....

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
Hahaha Scenthound-I'm annoying too :p LOL

Puppylove-that's country folk for you. I rode for years and it seems every barn cat is always poping out kittens and why would they fix them? Dogs too-no fence no leash no care, nothing..Not all of course-but seems to be the general concensus.

Funny story about barn cats. We were moving this horse from this barn-the owner and I-I leased the horse. The lady was not impressed. I was not impressed, one of her cats had had kittens and one had diarhea for a week. She wasn't doing anything about it. So when we moved the horse it was my chance-I stole the kitten and took him to the E vet. They take strays and then if they can save them, they go to a shelter. I took him in and they said he would have died otherwise. I said he I'd found him.
So barn lady calls me furious thinking I've just taken a kitten to have without asking, and I calmly explain that if she'd like her cat back I'd be happy to phone AC and the E vet and let them know she was the neglectful owner and to give her the cat back, with the bill and a charge for neglect. She umn-declined. BURN!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.