Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he is very sensitive so i cant really get a good look at them i manege to take a picture of one paw but i cant check the others i dont know what it could be (online it said it might be allergies) i check his paws at least once a month last time i did they were fine but this morning i checked and this is what i saw
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn172/evil-black-rose666/IMG_3609-1.jpg
he just came back from the groomers yesterday
i also gave him a bone last night, one he never had before
he doesnt seem to be in any pain hes running and playing and eating like always he isnt even licking or bitting his paws
Please help

·
Banned
5,528 Posts
That looks like he may have stepped in gum...

Based on that photo it doesn't look irritated nor red nor that he's been chewing or licking it excessively... I'd highly suspect it's gum unless it's on all of his feet...

·
Banned
5,528 Posts
It looks like the dog stepped on something. You say it's not gum but it looks like something was stepped in.

It is not painful nor does the foot look irritated at all so it doesn't seem to be a burn or anything that would be peeling-- especially if only one foot is affected. And this is definitely not allergies.

Any medical condition that does that is very painful.

I'd consider bathing the foot and seeing what you can get off. It doesn't look like anything to be worried about, to me.... so unless you can get a better picture or better description of it I'm not sure I can give you any more advice. If you're worried about it, schedule a vet appointment for tomorrow... especially if he starts limping. You can also call the groomer to see if they noticed anything yesterday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts