Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Last night my dog start rubbing at her left eye with her paw while we were out on a walk. I didn't think much of it because, you know, dogs are always getting things in their eyes and usually they come out just fine.
This morning, there's a slow but steady stream of white pus coming from the corner of her eye - it's not the same as the 'eye boogers (I'm sure you know what I mean)' that they usually get. She also occasionally is rubbing that side of her face against the carpet, and the white of her eye is redder than the other side.
My boyfriend says we just need to wait for it to work itself out, and I guess there's not much we can do... I guess I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced this with their dog, and if it worked itself out, or what you did otherwise. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
4,614 Posts
I would take her to the vet. If it was just red I'd probably just watch it for a day or so to see if it resolves, but pus means the tissue is infected. :(

·
Super Moderator
11,911 Posts
I've dealt with more than my fair share of eye issues (ulcers, scratches, detached/luxated lens, cataracts, etc.) with my dogs...

Honestly eye issues like this are always vet worthy. Eye problems can get very bad very, very quickly, especially injuries. I would get her in and looked at today, personally. Good luck and let us know what happens!:)

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'll have to agree with the comments about taking her to the vet. Eyes are a delicate thing and things can go wrong quickly. Plus she seems really uncomfortable. It might be infected, there's eye drops a vet can give for that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, everyone. I'm on the phone with the vet now. They're seeing if they can work me in.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They can't get me in until Monday :( They said if it gets worse tomorrow to call and they'll try to work me in, but because she's keeping the eye open and the discharge isn't yellow, they're not too concerned about it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Is there another vet you can go to?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts