Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning, on the way home from an errand, my husband came across these two babies running back and forth in the road. He felt so terrible and brought them home to rescue them.

We live on a very rural dirt road and I have my suspicions about who did it. gggrrrrr they are so little! They got some soaked puppy food and water. They played and slept while I went on the search for a good home for them.

Fortunately I was able to find homes for them quickly. Both families already have a grown dog to help teach them how to be a dog.

While the two puppies were here, Cricket sort of acted like a mother to them. It surprised me! She's not even 10 weeks old.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
They are darling! I'm glad that y'all could rescue those babies and find them good homes.

Reactions: purplesully

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys won't believe this - I can't....
The person who dumped the two puppies dumped TWO MORE!!!!!

Today while my husband and I were cleaning brush from the back of the property I heard a squeaking sound. At first I ignored it, but then I heard it again. I looked around thinking that maybe there was a baby raccoon or something in the woods, but I saw nothing so went back to work. Then I heard it a third time.

I looked up to see two tiny puppies running toward us. They waded though the swamp muck - the poor babies had mud up to the bellies when I scooped them up out of the mud. The two had tics all in their ears and scabs on the chests like they'd been traveling through brush for days.

My Cricket said hello to the little brown and the white one immediately growled at her. Both puppies are friendly with people, but I think they are scared of other dogs after their ordeal in the wild.

My kids noticed that the white one has two dewclaws on each back foot. Then I noticed that the brown one has one dewclaw on each back foot. I looked at pictures of the puppies from ten days ago and the first brown also has one dewclaw on the back feet. I think the old Great Pyrenees mix that used to live down the road has left his mark around here. LOL

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts