Dog Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, a while back I posted about the second Aussie puppy that I was planning to get and how excited I was. Unfortunately, circumstances changed, and that puppy is no longer available to me. To make a long, and sad story short, the Aussie was a first time mom, and did not handle being a mom very well.

However, a friend of a friend breeds border collies (specifically for goose hazing) and there was a littler born two weeks ago. I was in their city last weekend for a wedding, so we went to visit them. I chatted with the breeder for two hours, and met her lovely dogs. It was very cool because she has mom and dad, grandparents, old litter mates etc. so we got a good snapshot of the gene pool, haha. The breeder grilled me on how I would handle having a BC (truthfully, I feel like having an Aussie gives me some street cred?).

When all was said and done, we picked out a little girl (the breeder says even though Levi loves everyone now, male or female, that getting a girl would result in the smoothest transition) tri colour border collie!

Pictures to follow as soon as we get some! :)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about what happened to the aussie pup. :(

But I am really glad that you have a pup to bring home from a good breeder. I especially like getting to meet multiple dogs from the same gene pool so you could get a read on what you pup should be like.

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Oh MAN you really are a glutton for punishment, 2 babies and 1 being a border collie. Man I hope you are investing in some dog sports classes asap! Lol. Can't wait to see pictures!

Also sorry to hear about the aussie puppy. Sometimes things just aren't meant to work out.

Reactions: pkelley

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@jclark343 - I know! I think I have a problem...

I'm very excited, and yes - we found a super great agility/obedience club - the same one I am mentoring at/volunteering at the doggy daycare.

I was pretty sad when I heard about the Aussie pup, but I think it helped I'd never actually met him. Although, I'm the person who cries about anything dog related so there you go.

The only thing I'm a tad worried about is that we pick her up 4 weeks before the wedding. So I figure she will either be a welcome distraction from all the craziness, or I will be pushed over the edge and go on a bridezilla rampage... :)

Reactions: jclark343

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Picture of my new little girl!!

Names we are considering: Heidi, Sophie, and Penny :) (But I am also open to suggestions)

·
Registered
Delilah- Jack Russell x Rat Terrier; Marshmellow- Netherland Dwarf Rabbit
2,825 Posts
Aww I can't see the picture!

I like Heidi the best, there are so many dogs named Sophie and Penny but I've never met a Heidi!

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aww I can't see the picture!

I like Heidi the best, there are so many dogs named Sophie and Penny but I've never met a Heidi!
I think I might have fixed the picture....maybe. Anyway thank you - I like Heidi too, but Ben is pushing for Penny. Although, he did get to name Levi. :)

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
So cute! I also like Heidi!

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Gosh that is too bad about the other pup but maybe this was meant to be? I also vote for Heidi. It makes me think of the book of the little girl from the countryside so sounds like a farm dog name. :) and like everyone else said its not a common dog name that everyone at the park will be calling!

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So, we drove to visit the new puppy yesterday, and she is 6 weeks old! And I am seriously in love with her. She's very sweet and relatively mellow (for now, who knows how she'll be in two weeks...) I think we are pretty set on the name Heidi, and now the countdown begins until she comes home! Hopefully the pictures aren't too huge.

Here's my and future baby!

And the rest of the litter (Look at the runt - she's SO little, but very fiesty!)

And just for kicks, here's one of Levi, chilling out.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
She's adorable, I love her face markings. Im sure Levi will enjoy having someone with a similar energy leval lol.

I think the name Heidi suits her well. Congrats on your new pup :)

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
EEHHHHH How exciting! She is adorable! I also love the crazy play face on the floor in the first picture. It's a little photo bomb.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Ahhhhh I cannot wait to see this pup grow up. I'm obviously biased when it comes to a B&W tri Border Collie <3 more pics ASAP plz!

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Haha, @BusterBCsMum I actually thought of Buster a little bit when I saw her, those little eyebrows kill me!

Reactions: BusterBCsMum
1 - 20 of 24 Posts