Dog Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is from Maddie's Fund, a project that has apparently been in Maricopa County for 7 YEARS TO FIX PIT BULLS AND ALTER PETS FOR LOW INCOME FAMILIES. I put that in caps cuz I have NEVER heard of them and wish this was more publicized. The interesting (and super sad) part is if you scroll down till you see a chart you can read how many pit and pit mixes were taken in by the county in 2005 and 2008 and how many were fixed using Maddie's Fund..its quite depressing to see the numbers, I cannot imagine that many dogs being taken in, and we ask "why are these breeds euthenized so quickly?" well where are you going to keep that many dogs of just one breed?

http://www.maddiesfund.org/Document...opa County Year 7 Spay Neuter Application.pdf

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I thought they mentioned them on a program I was watching a few days ago....*thinks*

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I agree this is awesome! However, it ends here on the 31st of October... we are going to call our vet and ask if Glacier should be neutered within this next month... if not, he will not be neutered for awhile due to financial issues. I would rather wait till he is older but its not cheap to fix pets anymore :(

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
Pawz-sometimes vets, especially if they are your regualr vet-will accept payments on things ;) You might ask about it if you want him fixed sooner rather then later (specially if he starts marking in the house!!)

·
Registered
146 Posts
There's also lots of spay/nueter clinics who have much lower prices than vets. And often the Humane Society will run specials, sometimes (although rare, I think only when someone has donated the money for it?) they will do free s/n. But be warned when they do, get there MANY MANY hours early, lol

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have heard horror stories and SEEN them from low cost clinics. BUT If it comes down to it and we don't have the money for his neuter we will go to low cost clinics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.