• No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am a student in a Social Innovators program and I would greatly appreciate any feedback I can get on my idea. Our task is to create a product or service that helps a market in need of a solution. The issue I came up with was administering pills to dogs. My product would be individually packaged amounts of peanut butter that encase the pill and can be removed from the package without getting all over your hands. If this method worked for your dog, would you consider buying this product in lieu of using peanut butter from your fridge?

·
Registered
435 Posts
No because one of my dogs hates peanut butter the other will just lick some from a spoon with the pill in it. Other ' pill pocket ' products already exist..

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Doesn't matter what we put medication in, she chews and then spits out the pill. Since she needs medication daily and will for life, I just learned how to administer pills the Vet way.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi everyone, I am a student in a Social Innovators program and I would greatly appreciate any feedback I can get on my idea. Our task is to create a product or service that helps a market in need of a solution. The issue I came up with was administering pills to dogs. My product would be individually packaged amounts of peanut butter that encase the pill and can be removed from the package without getting all over your hands. If this method worked for your dog, would you consider buying this product in lieu of using peanut butter from your fridge?
The product already exists and has for a long time. The reason i would never purchase it and i assume most people is because of the rediculously high cost of pet meds owners wont then pay a bunch extra to hide the pills

·
Super Moderator
3,730 Posts
Given the widespread availability and use of pill pockets, I doubt that your innovation will take hold. My dog is actually very good at eating whatever pill I drop into his bowl with his kibble.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have a peanut allergy as does my son and this is common and can be life threatening. If you were to make a product for pills you’d eliminate quite a few people from your market if you chose peanut butter as the main substance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts