Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 9 week old shiloh shepherd. Ive been socializing her with as many things i can in a safe manner. I say "safe" as shes only had her first set of shots, 2nd to come in 3 days. Well im running out of ideas on how i can socialize her without the risk of her catching something. So really im looking for ideas to safely continue socialize due to her lack of vaccines. I am particularly interested in socializing with other dogs. Should i hold off on this till 12ish weeks? I have a few friends with dogs but most of them dont have ANY shots. So any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately i no of no puppy classes anywhere near me. There is however a basic obedience class coming up that im going to try and enroll her in, but i believe they want the sog to be atleast 14 weeks but i know the instructor so im going to see if i can slide in.

But i have been trying to take her places that i know dogs dont go much if at all. But that doesnt help much with dog socializing. Im going to try tractor supply and pet smart while keeping her in a cart. But i do feel ill be overly conservative as i dont want to risk it with her. But what are the odds of her catching something with only two rounds of shots?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.