Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just want to say sorry in advance, this is my 30 seconds of smugness that I know not many people understand but you guys do and I really, really need to share!

So today is a monumentous day, I was having a parcel delivered and saw the van pull up outside so I very calmly got my treat bag and took Jax to the living room where I was able to get him to settle on the sofa, I fed him treats as we watched the delivery man open our front gate, walk up the path and up to the window (Jax finds it so stressful it's a way of doing it but letting him feel safer than he does if we open the door, I know it's a bit odd but it works for him!) where I was able to take the parcel, have a chat and sign his pda thingy, all while Jax lay calmly on the sofa without so much as a peep, not a bark, a growl or grumble and this is the dog who has full on panic attacks and throws himself at the door when next door door enter their garden! The dog that bit the man from Battersea dogs home that randomly turned up at our front door, to the point we no longer get our mail delivered!

It's taken over 18 months of tears, hard work, anti anxiety meds (for us both!) and even more tears and yet today, just this once, he did it!

I'm so proud and hopeful for the future!

Thank you for listening!! ;-)

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Congrats, All that consistency and hard work paid off. They try so hard to please, they just sometimes get confused as to what is expected. You did it the right way.

·
Registered
917 Posts
That is wonderful. It always feels good to see all your hard work pay off. Congrats.

Reactions: Laus2002
1 - 8 of 8 Posts