Dog Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
I think there is some confusion here.... Albelee is talking about a business complex and a neighboring business has 2 new dogs (right?) this isn't that the next door neighbor in the apartment/neighborhood got new dogs that will neet meet the other, it's that it's a business complex where dogs often meet?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I think there is some confusion here.... Albelee is talking about a business complex and a neighboring business has 2 new dogs (right?) this isn't that the next door neighbor in the apartment/neighborhood got new dogs that will neet meet the other, it's that it's a business complex where dogs often meet?
Posted via Mobile Device
Correct, thanks for the clarification!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Combined weight of both 150 lbs. My company is based in Los Angeles in a fairly gritty part of town, every pit I've seen here is massive.
If they're massive than they aren't American Pit Bull Terriers, Take a look at my dog Ace, a lot of people see him and think he is apbt, but he is not APBTS average between 40-60lbs, some in the upper 30's. They are not large dogs, if you see people walking around with dogs that look like this:

The above dogs i posted are the best(healthiest looking) example of American bullies i can find..
This is what an American pit bull terrier looks like:

They are most likely American bullies not apbts, and the owner is just calling the dog a pit bull, which is sad, that so many people don't even know what breed of dog THEY own

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The "Remy Line" pic is the closest representation of these 2 pups, but both have a metallic blue silverish colored coat and blue eyes, both very robust looking ;)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yeah probably American bullies, or possibly i call a "bully breed mix" (without knowing the lines you can't be 100% sure) which is a mix of various bully breeds (amstaff, am bully, ect)

Most Bullies i meet are huge GOOFBALLS! If you're REALLY curious as to whether or not the dogs are bully you could always ask what the lines of the dogs are, but i wouldn't imagine that you care that much.

I hope your dog and these to bullies become great friends!

·
Registered
862 Posts
I'll reaffirm my 'behemoth comment' as these two will clearly exceed a combined total weight of 150 lbs easy. They both have massive chests & heads and of course really big paws.

Then these are not "pitbulls" a "pitbull" should not be some 75lbs + dog.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I always believe in socialization. My two dogs will go up to any dog that I allow them to. They sniff and walk away. When any of my neighbors get a dog I always ask to meet the dog and then introduce my two to them. The more dogs they meet, the less reactive they will be. There are a few dogs in the neighborhood that I always stay away from because they are not friendly to people or other dogs and I believe this is because they were not socialized properly at a young age. It never hurts to introduce dogs, but get the other persons permission first to avoid any problems. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Pawz I missed that now I see. Makes sense when they will be crossing paths.

Combined 150lbs then they are not Pits. I will stand by what I said Pits are not behemoths. My dogs are 30-43lbs. The yearlings are 26 and 28lbs and won't get much bigger.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts