Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
No doubt it's sad when any dog dies needlessly.

I'm scratching my head over this ridiculous comment in the article from PETA's senior vice president for cruelty investigations, "If these dogs cannot be protected by law enforcement officials, how do you expect regular citizens to do the right thing?'' Nachminovitch said. Is this to suggest regular citizens should "protect" K9s or is this some lame excuse attempting to mitigate the lack of responsibility of all dog owners when their dog dies due to exercising poor judgment and/or inadequate responsibility? What others do when it comes to their dogs will never compromise my commitment or duty toward my dog.

·
Registered
135 Posts
No doubt it's sad when any dog dies needlessly.

I'm scratching my head over this ridiculous comment in the article from PETA's senior vice president for cruelty investigations, "If these dogs cannot be protected by law enforcement officials, how do you expect regular citizens to do the right thing?'' Nachminovitch said. Is this to suggest regular citizens should "protect" K9s or is this some lame excuse attempting to mitigate the lack of responsibility of all dog owners when their dog dies due to exercising poor judgment and/or inadequate responsibility? What others do when it comes to their dogs will never compromise my commitment or duty toward my dog.
I thought the same thing about that statement. Sadly I believe its our culture. We are being told we don't need to critically think for ourselves and that we can't possibly know right from wrong on our own but instead need to be shown or told.

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
I thought the same thing about that statement. Sadly I believe its our culture. We are being told we don't need to critically think for ourselves and that we can't possibly know right from wrong on our own but instead need to be shown or told.
Yes, it does seem to be a mirror of the times. Culpability seems to be a falling by the wayside.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.