Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a issue. I have 2 different dogs ( 1 is 12 pounds and 1 is 50 pounds) I have built the dogs a shed to keep them out of the elements and a large dog house inside the shed that has a heat lamp and wood chips in it to keep them warm. My issue is my large dog is still a puppy and chews on everything. Since the dog house has a heat lamp in it I put a towel up covering the door that way they can get in and out to go to the bathroom or go play but my big dog keeps tearing it down and chewing it up which lets all the heat out of the dog house. I am looking for something to spray on the towel that will stop him from doing that but they will have to go through it to be able to get in and out. Also I don't want them to have to smell something bad all day and be miserable all day. I was told pepper but I am afraid that will bother their eyes while they walk in and out and then I was told vinegar but I wouldn't even want to sit and smell that all day. Please help me!

·
Registered
98 Posts
This may not be the solution - since he likes to chew - but maybe thick plastic (used in construction to keep drafts out) may be better than a towel. Of course, I'm sure most people reading this are going to be concerned he might chew the electrical wire and get killed. Not sure I would put anything electrical in a dog house - but rather insulate the dog house, covering the insulation with another sheet of plywood. No way you can put him in at least a garage in the winter? Best solution is a crate in the house when you aren't home - both problems solved: chewing and keeping him warm.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts