Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boy Max left for board and train. Before he left I switched him from grain free food to the same brand but with grain. I heard all that stuff about the grain free being bad and untill I had more info I decided to switch him to food with grains.
He also gets coconut oil and fish oil daily.

It’s been 4 weeks now without him here, the last two times the trainer has brought him here for our training sessions he has been super itchy. Not sure if it is the food change or perhaps he isn’t getting the fish oil or coconut oil.

I had stocked up on bags of the food with no grain and I can’t return them. So right now I can’t switch him back to grain free until I get through these bags.

Wondering if there is anything else I can do to ease the itch? I’ll be getting him back next week.

I was also thinking maybe the itching could be caused from something in the environment from where he is staying with the trainer.

He’s also on flea/tick meds so it’s not that.

How do I combat the itch!? Thanks!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well yeah I’m taking him to the hospital next week, as I don’t have him home yet I was just looking for other people’s opinions while I wait to get him back from training.

Helpful

·
Registered
267 Posts
Well... I guess the main question I have is this. If you think his itchiness is related to a food allergy then I don't understand why you "can't switch him back to grain free" until he finishes whatever you have already bought.

If you bought strawberries for your child and then realized after they ate a few that they had an allergy for strawberries, would you make them eat them all because that's what you bought?

... or am I missing something here ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts