Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Dogsitting! Iam friggin thrilled. I love this guy...i'll have to post pics later...I get to keep him a week...hes a Chi MinPin ! Gosh 6 dogs in one house.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Ugh I am by myself this weekend and realize just how much my bf actually puts into taking care of these guys LOL Harvick is depressed and won't listen to me like I kicked dad out or something. If I had one more dog I would probably have 5 more beers haha

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ugh I am by myself this weekend and realize just how much my bf actually puts into taking care of these guys LOL Harvick is depressed and won't listen to me like I kicked dad out or something. If I had one more dog I would probably have 5 more beers haha

Oh god my husband left for a week and it was really really rough...he doesn't do much with the dogs, but what he does do is a BIG help. Mine will ignore his commands if Iam present lol they are my minions not his...:) Tho he does claim that the pit bull secretly works for him ....riiight.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Oh god my husband left for a week and it was really really rough...he doesn't do much with the dogs, but what he does do is a BIG help. Mine will ignore his commands if Iam present lol they are my minions not his...:) Tho he does claim that the pit bull secretly works for him ....riiight.
Oh yea they don't listen to dad if I am around lol except for Harvick but when he is not around its like someone just died. Needless to say the whole day yesterday sucked, within 3 hours of the bf being gone a bottle was broken, glass everywhere, hole dug in the backyard by the WHITE DOG so had to take a shower with him.

Back to you! Dog sitting for a friend? neighbor? how old is the doggy?

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yea they don't listen to dad if I am around lol except for Harvick but when he is not around its like someone just died. Needless to say the whole day yesterday sucked, within 3 hours of the bf being gone a bottle was broken, glass everywhere, hole dug in the backyard by the WHITE DOG so had to take a shower with him.

Back to you! Dog sitting for a friend? neighbor? how old is the doggy?

hahah dirty white dog~ fun fun..

Its my bosses dog..this is the third time hes staying with me.

Hes 5ish....my boss found him as a pup running loose in a park. Hes got an AWESOME recall... he doesn't even use a leash...

but hes afraid of som' novel things, like if you reach for him/talk to him to much... he urinates and flips over...always has....he is reactive to motorcycles and som' strangers...so he has a few unfounded fears....so I hope to desensitize him to a few things and teach him som' cool tricks (his daugher told me she wanted him to learn funny tricks with me)

he likes food, so this should be fun. :)

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
hahah dirty white dog~ fun fun..

Its my bosses dog..this is the third time hes staying with me.

Hes 5ish....my boss found him as a pup running loose in a park. Hes got an AWESOME recall... he doesn't even use a leash...

but hes afraid of som' novel things, like if you reach for him/talk to him to much... he urinates and flips over...always has....he is reactive to motorcycles and som' strangers...so he has a few unfounded fears....so I hope to desensitize him to a few things and teach him som' cool tricks (his daugher told me she wanted him to learn funny tricks with me)

he likes food, so this should be fun. :)
Tinkerbell (the oldest dog) is super off leash. Wendy pees when you look at her so I know how that goes LOL How awesome of you to take the dog in and work with him. Teach him crawl! Its my fav.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
I use to dog sit for the best golden retriever in the world, but trust me it wasn't hard to leave. I had my own dogs at home who got excited to see me when I was done dog sitting. I would dog sit in my home but Harvick sucks LOL jk

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Poor guy today decided everything was scary and when I got him home he completely shut down...wouldn't even touch his dinner, just wanted to hide/sleep.

He misses his dad...I hope he feels better tomorrow.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Aw :( That is so sad. Thats how tinkerbell is when we are gone for the weekend, however she does love my brother so eventually comes out and just wants to sit on his lap.

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
last time he played with the other dogs and had a blast...this time he seems irritated/afraid of them...so I make sure they give him space. He didn't touch breakfast the next day either...he ate that night tho. :)

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorta...if I call him too loudly he just flips over and pees on himself...I was telling my other boss yesterday that this dog has ZERO coping skills and confidence..Kinda how Tippy started.....shame I can't keep him long term and teach him that stuff.

Last night tho, when I was training, he sat and observed the whole thing... didn't want food, just wanted to watch, thought that was neat.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
I hate the roll over and pee. The worst thing is when they are standing up with their front paws on your leg and you touch them and they pee on your foot (stupid wendy LOL)

Thats awesome that he was watching the session! Maybe he will come out and want to join in the next day or so.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
OMG six dogs in one house-that sounds crazy! But-in a good way :) (That's too funny hubby claims the pit secretly works for him LOL)

My dbf's mother has two chi's and the male is super timid-he's fine when she's around but when we dog sit he does the roll and pee and barely eats dinner (which is probably a good thing-he normally eats so fast he chokes and throws up half his food) :p little doggies :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts