Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a poochon, I normal do not buy crossbreeds becuase I show and breed and they would kinda be useless to me but I fell in love with her she was the runt of the litter weighinh 4oz at birth she is now 4 pounds and her brother is almost 9 pounds... But eariler this year I heard her start to snore, and snort like shih-tzu's and other pushed in face breeds but she doesnt have that pushed in face.... She gets into these snorting attackes where she has problems breathing and I'm very worried maybe one of her sinus conals coollapsed? She's going to the vet in the next few days (hes booked up)

I'm trying to capture it on camera but it's one of those things that only happen with no cameras around :( I'll try my hardest to get some footage after work... I'm so worried for her

PS: It does not sound anything like kennel cough, or heart cough

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
it sounds like reverse sneezing to me or could be. they have trouble breathing when it happens sounds like snorting,coughing or even honking. Try this and if it works probably reverse sneezing cover her mouth and nostrils with your hand and keep it there for say 20 seconds. if that dont work pick her up and blow in her face.

it reminds them to take a deep breath and breathe and fine afterwards

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I was going to say the same thing. Reverse sneezing is something our female bichon does. And all dogs have the potential to snore, but short-faced dogs are more prone to it than others breeds.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
If its a big problem surgery can correct it but only do it if necessary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts