Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there- I have a 11 week old Schnoodle who is adorable and does very well (so far) with the housebreaking. It's probably us who are better trained than him at this point. We are vigilant and take him out every 30 minutes when he's not confined.
But our Buster loves to SNIFF! He sniffs the floor, the carpet, the chairs, everything. And this has made me quite paranoid- I think he is always about to potty.
How do I tell the difference between his need to simply sniff vs his need to potty? I want to be able to relax a bit more when he is wandering about and sniffing.
Thank you!

·
Registered
501 Posts
The ability to tell will come with time once you get to know your dog. Pax is an INTENSE sniffer and I eventually could tell his gonna go #2 sniff vs his exploring sniff.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh that is a relief. I just can't tell yet when he is sniffing INTENSELY or he needs to go! Maybe we just need more time. We've been together 2 weeks.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
At this age he should be leashed to you not wandering around. Until he is completely house trained keep him close to you at all times so you can prevent accidents from happening. Prevention is the key to house training. Good luck with you new pup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts