Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
I don't think that's normal. My dog was shaved at the end of November. She had her entire right side shaved because she had to have part of her lung removed. It took until the end of February before it was grown back in enough not to be noticed as having been shaved. I can see faint lines from where it's grown back in, but other people can't tell. Also, that side of her doesn't have as much black as the other side and they are symmetrical. I'm assuming that it'll get there soon though. So my dog took 3 months to grow back in almost entirely.

You should call your vet. Is your dog on steroids? That slows down hair growth.
Also, I don't know how old your dog is, but mine was 10 months old at the time and I'm sure that helped her.

Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response!

A spoke with a vet on the phone today and she said that after being shaved down, some breeds do not grow or take forever to grow their fur back. She wasn't concerned that there is anything medically going on with her that is a concern.

So I guess I just need to wait and see if it will ever fully grow back in!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She's doing well since her surgery. She seems a bit restless at night so it may be a bit sore. She's also 10 and a half years old so it could due to some arthritis too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts