Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cat, only a year old, has been squinting her eyes for some reason, as though they're bothering her. Her vision is fine, as shown by how she sprints through the house and bounces on furniture like she always does. She's not squinting all the time either, just sometimes. However, it is a lot more than normal to the point I have noticed and know something doesn't seem quite right. She's acting totally normal otherwise and there's no discharge from her eyes, nose, there's no swelling that I can see, or anything. I did notice, however, that when she just woke up there was a clear, almost slime looking thing on one eye, over her pupil. But after a minute it disappeared, as though she just blinked it away. Again, she's totally fine otherwise and doesn't seem to be in pain at all. Obviously I will take her to the vet if it gets worse but for right now I just want to see if anybody knows what it could be. I'm hoping it'll clear up on it's own but if it doesn't I'll take her to the vet. But does anyone know what could be going on with her eye?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind everybody. Discovered that she was faking it so that I'd give her more attention and the slime thing was just sleep gunk because she'd been asleep for a couple hours at that point. She's fine. Just a clever little cat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts