Dog Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
Great picture!! My ex had one-I know what you mean about sleeping loudly :p CUTE!

·
Registered
156 Posts
That is really beautiful!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alfi, thanks! It's what I like about colored pencil, you can get great details. Whisker-width!
Thanks, Tashahope!
Makeshiftheart, the tongue was an important part of the likeness, lol, he always has it out!
Mikey, lol. They are cute dogs, aren't they?
Redryerotties, thank you!
Shastar, thanks!! If dogs were good models for photos, lol, I'd be out of business!

Thanks again and I'm sorry it took me so long to respond. I of course, again, accepted too many commissions for Christmas (which I swear I'll never do again) and since this guy have done portraits of 2 Brittany spaniels, a black lab and now am working on my last one, a yorkie. Then I have 2 human children for next week. Whew!!! I'll share them with you when I get a chance.

Merry Christmas to all if I don't get a chance to come back. And may Puppy Claus be extra nice to your little loved ones.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I would really love to have this portrait in my living room! :)
You did an amazing job with the rinkles and the coat...I think I can see the coat lol :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Whew! I did finish all of my dog portrait commissions on time. It's thrilling to know that this morning, all over the country, dozens of people are unwrapping them! It was literally down to the wire, though, the last one (which I didn't promise but was able to finish on time) was finished at 4:45 on Wednesday pm!

Thanks again Alfi!!
Bubumo, thank you, it's so encouraging to have other artists enjoy your work! So Merry Christmas to all, and I hope Puppy Claus took good care of your furry ones!

·
Registered
34 Posts
that's amazing! you've got talent :) whenever i draw anything, i always get the proportions wrong.. and you've even got the detail of the fur! that takes some patience :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts