·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Forum For 1.jpg
DSCF3109.jpg
Forum For 6.jpg
DSCF3097.jpg

He's turned into such an incredibly beautiful dog! He gets compliments and is cooed over wherever we go, although no one knows his breed. He's doing well in agility, finally starting to really want to work on his obedience (rather than the constant persuading and coercion I had to use from 5 months-14 months). He's come out of adolescence a friendly, social, outgoing dog that loves other people and dogs. I took him to an incredibly crowded fair this weekend (no idea it would be so crowded). He navigated NYC-like crowds with ease and interest.

Seriously though, he is the best-looking dog I've ever owned. I have to feed him like a horse to keep weight on him, and he needs home-cooked food in addition to kibble or else he turns into a rail. After a suggestion from a life-saving member of DF, he's on a modified "Satin Balls" diet that has worked wonders when nothing else has.

P.S. his nails got trimmed right after these photos.
p.p.s His ears are even and both fold over at the tips as you can see in the standing photo. The tips just flip up when he's sitting down with his head lifted ;)

·
Registered
502 Posts
He is very pretty! I love his silvery grey. He isn't your stereotypical rattie, but I'm still surprised so many people don't know he is one.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@ChessaQ, thanks! Yes, I'm pretty sure it's the replacing of the typical black-or-chocolate, white and tan color pattern with a dilute that confuses people.

He'll fill out more as he gets closer to his 2-year mark (his parents were both the same way), so I'm thinking it will be easier for people to see then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts