Dog Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog is 12 yrs old and she's a Jack Russell and has a skin tag or wart on her eye. I want to get it removed and I habe been reading all sorts of worrying stuff..

Should I be concerned?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,635 Posts
Can you send the photo to your vet? With lumps and things like this, especially close to the eye, it's best to have professional advice.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
One of my dogs got a growth thing under his top eyelid. We got it removed (cut a little triangle out) and had it tested. It was nothing malignant and never came back. Was definitely a stress reliever to get it removed and tested. They can test to make sure it's not malignant and they got the whole thing.

·
Registered
924 Posts
One of my past Beagles had a growth that developed when he was about 8 yrs old, The 2 vets that I saw thought that it was too close to the eye and advised me to wait and see if it got larger. It never did and he passed naturally at 12+ yrs old.
Sorry for the quality but this is a scan from a film camera print as we had nothing digital at the time.
Dog Carnivore Collar Dog breed Fawn

·
Registered
247 Posts
My Callie had one on the lower eyelid. Vet removed it surgically and it never came back. If it is in any way touching the eyeball, it could cause irritation and infection, so removing is best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts