Dog Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
First off- your dog is gorgeous!!!

You are so not alone in this. I got my 4 month old pup about three weeks ago and I just stopped feeling super guilt whenever I leave. I am a law student so he is never alone more than about 6 hours and he is a perfect gentleman most of the time (minus peeing and chewing, but hey- puppy).

One thing that helps me when I need to get work done is tethering (is that the word?) him to me or more specifically the leg of my desk. This lets me know where he is and lets me focus on my work. I give him a few toys and maybe a stuffed toy (like half a teaspoon of peanut butter and that boy is in heaven).

It is ROUGH- there is no if ands or buts about it.... but you will adjust. You will settle into a rhythm and it will be ok.

Just keep swimming :)

· Registered
34 Posts
TuxsMum - Nice to hear from another student! What arrangement do you have for when you need to leave Tux?
He is just in his crate when I leave. I play some music all day on my computer (there are some great videos on Youtube that are like 7 hours) and tire him out good before I go. I got really lucky with him, he loves his damn crate lol I try to get him to take naps with me in my bed (his crate is right next to my bed) and he just looks down at it like.... "No Momma, I sleep in there" :roll eyes:

I do plan on enrolling him in doggy daycare (there are bunch around here) when I have to start studying more for finals, or I may have my parents take him for a little bit (they are home all day). I am not doing this now 1. Because my parents live 700 miles away, and 2. He isn't done with all of his shots or neutered yet, so doggy daycare is not entirely possible (more so I am not comfortable with it yet).

Hope all is well!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.