Dog Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Getting a puppy is SO tough. If you searched on here, you'll find one hundred posts JUST like yours. :) You're going to have some days when you seriously wonder why you did this to yourself, and you'll have other days when you just can't imagine not having them in your life. And thankfully, soon the good days will outweigh the bad. Hang in there and come here to vent when needed. :)

ALSO PICTURES. :D

Reactions: mmmma

· Premium Member
4,599 Posts
She is SO cute, oh my gosh! I know where you're coming from, and how you're feeling.

I got an Aussie puppy last year, and was a little overwhelmed, but he was such a great puppy. He was honestly perfect. Didn't chew, housebreaking was a dream, and super obedient.

In August, I picked up our new puppy, a Border Collie. Let me tell you. She is everything Levi isn't. She's crazy energetic, she chews everything (ironically she destroyed a coaster that said "A house is not a home without a dog), house breaking is still an ongoing battle. The first two and a half weeks I think I cried at least once a day, and told my husband she should go back to the breeder. Well, we've now had her for about 7 weeks and I am SO in love with her.

My big advice would be to get her enrolled in some classes when she's old enough (a puppy class usually allows pups in at 10 weeks or so) so you can actually DO something with her.

The next thing is if she is driving you absolutely bonkers, give her a Kong/chew toy, pop her in her crate, and leave your house for an hour. Go to the grocery store, the park, wherever. Just give yourself some time away. :)

Edit: I wonder if @Naira knows there's another Poodle on here now. :)

Reactions: Naira and mmmma
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.