Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We adopted JoJo in July and he has been such a joy! Every time we're out people gush over him and ask what breed(s) he is. We honestly have no idea though as his paperwork just stated black and white mix. We've gotten Beagle, Lab, Springer Spaniel, Border Collie...the list goes on and on. We do think there is some type of hound in there as he definitely has more of a howl than a bark. I know he looks small in some of these but I'd say he's more medium sized, weighing in around 40lbs. Any thoughts on what he may be?

image4.jpg

image3.jpg

image2.jpg

image1.jpg

·
Registered
880 Posts
It is his head that it getting me....it has such a unique indentation between his ears that it has to come from his parent.

I am thinking it is
Labrador Retriever/Bluetick Coonhound but it very well could be
Border Collie/Bluetick Coonhound but I do believe his Hound is Bluetick not Beagle

·
Registered
44 Posts
My guess is a boxer x an English Springer Spaniel. Boxer for the facial markings and facial structure, and Springer Spaniel for the coloring, etc.
Here's an example, and I think this dog and yours look very close!

·
Registered
917 Posts
I see hound too, otherwise I'm not really sure. At first glance I though maybe pointer, I've seen many pointer crosses with that color. I also think his face structure looks a lot like an english pointer. At least what I can see in the photos.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
it could be a coonhoundmix or some other kind of hound of the bloodhound type. probably mixed with labrador Retriever.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Beagle x springer seems reasonable. Definitely beagle at least.

Reactions: PacificBlue
1 - 8 of 8 Posts