Dog Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my boyfriend and I adopted a new boxer puppy from Craigslist Saturday. She's a female brindle about 2 months old (bday may 12, according to breeder), not too big.

Problem: she seems to sleep A LOT, not really interested in food, and hasnt had a drink all day. She ate and drank some yesterday and the day before, however not a lot. Her stools are sometimes solid, mostly pure liquid. When she sleeps, a thick, green discharge builds up in one of her nostrils. When she breathes it sounds like shes wheezing.

Besides today, she seemed very normal, playful, wanting to look at and play with everything she could get her paws on.

Where she came from: The woman we bought her from had 5-6 puppies.One she claimed developed a "cold" that day. The woman kept the puppies outside a good portion of the time (in Fl, it gets 85-90 on cools days, plus humidity). She looks malnourished, was extremely thirsty when we got her, eventually drinking less as the day progressed.

Bottom line:I'm not sure if she's sick, recovering from some sort of heat stroke, dehydration, if she has a URI, or if I'm just over worrying.

·
Premium Member
10,779 Posts
She's sick.

The green discharge may be due to kennel cough or something worse.

The diarrhea may be due to stress, change in diet, or something much worse.

The two symptoms may be related or due to separate problems. Get her to the vet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.