Dog Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my mom breeds dachunds, and she went out of town for a week. I was left with two litters to care for. monday night i noticed one of the puppies in the litter born on sat night/sunday morning, was very underweight and looked very dehydrated. I was of course very worried, and bought formula first thing the next day, and he has taken to the syringe quite well, has an appetite, even though his little body cant hold that much. its been 5 days of me feeding him, about every 3-4 hours.

a couple days ago i noticed a sore on his head. i thought it might be a drip of the formula, but it was a sore, and a day later discovered one on his side and one on his belly. they have puss in them.

hes eating and pooping with no problem, but he is not building bone mass. he is still the same size as a newborn. i am beginning to think this could be cause be something else, a disease, or disorder. i dont know what to think, but his size and the sores have me very worried. his brother is almost three times bigger than him.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.