Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog has vomited 4 times today and had diarrhea throughout the house. It's sunday so the vets aren't open but im going to call in the morning. So my question is, should i feed her again today or not? Normal feeding is at 8am and 6pm. She threw up about 30mins after this mornings and then again about 2 hours later and again about 2 more hours later. And then she also did through the night. So anyways should i feed her the 2nd time? Also is there anything i can give her to maybe help her feel better in the mean time till i get ahold if the vet tomorrow?

·
Premium Member
10,820 Posts
I'd withhold food till she's not vomited for a minimum of 12 hours, 24 is better. I'd leave water down so long as she's not vomiting after drinking, if she is then withhold the water for a few hours.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Whenever my pup had tummy troubles my vet would recommend feeding him boiled chicken breast and rice. If your dog hasn't been throwing up in a little while, you could try that!

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
You might try feeding her something bland, like a little rice. See how she does with that, then gradually a little at a time, introduce more into her diet. Give her tummy a chance to settle down, from whatever upset her.

·
Registered
900 Posts
If your dog has diarrhea and is vomiting, I would withhold food but not water. He is losing a lot of fluid through the diarrhea and vomit, so don't want to cause dehydration by withholding water.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts