Dog Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own 3 as of right now. One is the pup of my other two. Sora (male) is a beautiful Wolf Grey & White, while Kairi (female) is an Isabella White. They've had two litters together, producing 12 pups, one of which we still have. Orion is cute, but hard to crate train as he loves going after I've let him out and bring him back in to his kennel, Although he is starting to learn the word "kennel" so he goes in there directly. I love my Huskies, their beautiful but yet big babies to me.

·
Registered
135 Posts
We have a border collie mixed with husky who's 15 now and he's been a wonderful dog. He's got the intelligence of a border collie, but in his younger years would roam. When we first got him we also had a beagle mix and the two of them would disappear for days at a time.

Is it true huskies are cat killers? Thats just something I've always heard about them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Is it true huskies are cat killers? Thats just something I've always heard about them.
They have a really high prey drive so many are small animal killers. You can get training for it tho, it might help. Socialize at an early age with cats and other animals and you wont have a prob. I never had a problem with cats but guinea pigs they killed 3 of mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Siberian Husky she is 2 years old but she will be 3 on the 18! We tried to breed her but at the kennel place it was outside and she somehow escaped...I don't know how she did it but she got out and she ran into the street and got herself hit by a car, but luckily it was in front of some dudes house and so he took her to the vet and called us cause she had a dog tag on her collar. Yeah....she broke or fractured her pelvis and jaw. I don't remember I was so sad cause she was gonna go get bred but and then eventually have puppies. Grrr her. Lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thats her pic on the Avatar. Ew recently she was out back and I was going to get her cause I was going to school and so then She is scratching at the grass and a mouse goes flying in the air but at the time I didn't know what it was so I went closer to see it and I thought it was one of her dog toys but then I saw its little feet and it was all wet and grey and I saw it was a mouse. Idk if she killed it but it is dead and still lying in our backyard. Nasty. Ew and one time she brought in a rabbits foot. eww. She has killed many rabbits and only 1 bird.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ι like their ears of that dog. Small and pointed! :D

But I can't understand the different betowen Alaskan Malamute and Siberian Husky...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Basically, from what I understand, Malamutes are larger and display more strength, where the huskies are more streamlined for endurance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have a husky and she'll be 2 the 24th..we live in the country so she's always killin random animals. She's killed like 3 moles a few mice and 2 rabbits...she's quick as hell and loves chasing deer in the back yard. But we'll let her out and she'll be gone for 7-8 hours at a time. She loves runnin especially with our neighbors dogs..she's in my avatar along with me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have a siberian husky cross german shephard he is 9 months old. i also have a shihzu/pug and a cat, and a dwarf rabbit. he is fine with all of them. his only problem is chewing! i am unsure as to how i am supposed to stop him from chewing everything in my house. its the most random things though, window sill, staircase, my door frame, pens and my carpet. any suggestions?

·
Registered
20 Posts
We have a 4 yr. old female husky, Isabella white named Anastasia, "Annie". I actually adopted her from an animal shelter when she was about 3 1/2 mos. old. She was picked up as a stray, skinny but so cute! We already had another husky so the shelter was thrilled to be adopting her to a family who "knew" huskies!

She's totally different from our other husky, she only gets out if the gate is accidentally open but doesn't jump or dig out. She did figure out how to work a chainlink gate latch so we have to put a clip on it.

We joke that she might lick a robber to death but she's so friendly, she'd never purposefully be aggressive toward a person. She is very dog-dominant though so we have to be careful if anyone brings their dog over. She's fine at dog parks and on walks. She's fairly large, weighs around 70 lbs. right now, our other one was around 55 lbs. She also has a very high prey-drive so I don't really trust her around our cats. If she's in the house, she's either tied up or with us. She takes care of most of the rodents in our yard-rabbits, gophers, mice.

She's very bright, did really well in obedience training but not so well in agility as she has her own agenda. She liked certain obstacles but not others or would decide she was thirsty in the middle of the course!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I used to have a Sibe/Malamute, Kodak, but he crossed the bridge two Augusts ago at the age of 12. I currently have a Malamute, Kairyl, not the same thing but sorta loosely similar...

Neither of mine ever tried escaping (unlike my Aussie pup haha!) and both were perfect with my cats. Kai, however, killed 2 of my first 3 goats. They shared a fenceline (professionally installed chain link) and he and the dog I was fostering broke through it :( The goats are now on the other side of my property and unbothered by the dogs!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts