Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just found what seems to be a softball sized lipoma on the thigh of my dog. I know that these are common, but I am slightly worried because my dog is so young...she will be 2 next month,

She is a female lab/aussie mix, she was a rescue and bred by a sick dog. She suffers from dental hydroplasia and allergies but is otherwise very active and healthy.

The mass does appear to fit the description of a fatty tumor as it is soft, mobile, and doesnt seem to be bothering her.

Should I be worried?? Comments are greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
10,707 Posts
Definitely get it checked by the vet. Any odd lumps and bumps with no known cause need to be checked by the vet.

It'll probably turn out to be nothing to worry about, but if it is something bad then the sooner it is taken care of the better the prognosis will be for your dog.

I do understand not wanting to take a dog in and have it turn out to be nothing, darn it wasted money! I just had to do so with my dog. Like your's a lump showed up on him a couple of weeks before he turned two, I waited a couple weeks to make sure it wouldn't go down by itself, plus I had run up against the vet's Christmas vacation so couldn't get him seen unless I wanted to pay the emergency fee, when I took him in the vet said it was nothing to be worried about. The money I spent was worth it to not have that worry.

Hopefully that's what you'll be told about your dog, that the lump is nothing to worry about, but get it checked out to be sure and for the peace of mind it'll bring you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, going to the vet tomorrow. I feel like I am always overreacting and going in for menial problems, but your feedback made me realize it's important to get checked out, thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts